Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel On-the-Job Training Instructor
Course aim To become a successful On-Job Training Instructor (OJTI) for Air Traffic Safety Electronics trainees, besides the technical knowledge, participants also need to possess fundamental teaching and communication skills. One of the course’s prime objectives is to give a basic knowledge of teaching, coaching and effective communication methods, principles and tools, that enables to deliver effective on-the-job training to students within a technical environment.
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants shall have:
- Knowledge of fundamental adult learning theory and best practice based on a modern appreciative approach to students and how to establish a healthy learning environment.
- Knowledge and skills of modern coaching techniques, teaching methods, principles and tools in all the traditional areas of On-the-Job Training (OJT): briefing, training and debriefing.
- An awareness of different On-the-Job Training Instructor (OJTI) styles: benefits, disadvantages and limitations of how to choose the best OJT style in a specific training situation.
- An awareness of the assessment role of the job as an OJTI, tools and methods to do the assessment objectively – how to appreciate the importance of assessment.
- An understanding about personal communication and interaction with students experiences, insights and awareness of own capabilities and challenges.
- Recognition that all students are to be considered trainable and that the OJTI has major impact on the student’s training progress.
- Knowledge of report writing.
Course overview The course duration is 4 days and it comprises theory lectures, group work and discussions.
Continuous assessment is applied. To pass, the course participants shall show ability to work according to the training structure in the practical exercises and show a positive and open minded attitude towards student training.
- A successful completion of approved ATSEP Initial and ATSEP System/Equipment rating courses.
- The participants need as a minimum a command of English equivalent to ICAO level 4.
Compliance with regulations Entry Point North is a training academy certified by the Swedish CAA and accepted by all EU member countries.
- PREMIUM TRAINING QUALITY. Modern training philosophy, tools and methods, academy developed practical course handbook.
- MOBILITY. The course can be delivered almost anywhere according to the wish of the customer.
- COST EFFICIENCY. The course comprises only 6 working days of which 1 day is home-study.
- FLEXIBILITY. Tailor-made course according to customer needs can be offered.
Content in brief
Introduction Course participants shall understand the structure, content and principles of the successful Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel On-the-Job Training Instructor (ATSEP OJTI) training program.
Human factors Course participants shall learn and understand the following human factors concepts, that impact upon learning: teaching and learning, team dynamics, communication and stress.
Training techniques Course participants shall apply the appropriate On-the-Job Training techniques during co-operation agreements, briefing, training and debriefing.
Assessment methods and report writing Course participants shall appreciate the importance of assessment during training and have knowledge of how training reports should be written.