Simulators at our training sites
Entry Point North uses state-of-the-art BEST simulators from the UK-based company MicroNav
and TOPSKY/COOPANS simulators. At our sites, we are equipped with:
- Entry Point North Sweden, Malmö - 94 simulator positions, 8 x 180° TWR 3D simulators, and 2 x 270°/360° TWR 3D simulators
- Entry Point North Sweden, Stockholm - 8 simulator positions, 1 x 270°/360° TWR 3D simulator
- Entry Point North Sweden, Norrköping - 10 radar/pilot positions
- Entry Point North Ireland, Shannon - 48 simulator positions (40 can be configured as Topsky/COOPANS), 20 radar/pilot positions (dedicated Topsky/COOPANS). 2 x 180° TWR 3D simulators
- Entry Point North Ireland, Dublin – 13 simulator positions, 16 radar/pilot positions (dedicated Topsky/COOPANS) and 1 x 270°/360° TWR 3D simulator
- Entry Point Central Hungary, Budapest - 34 simulator positions, 2 x 180° TWR 3D simulators
- Entry Point North Denmark, Copenhagen - 1 x 270°/360° TWR 3D simulator providing 5 TWR controller positions and 10 pilot/controller (ACS/APS) positions
- Entry Point North Spain, Madrid - 14 simulator positions, 3 x 180° TWR 3D simulators
- Entry Point North Belgium, Brussels – 50 simulator positions, 3 x 180° TWR 3D simulators and 1 x 360° TWR 3D simulator
The training positions are flexible and can be grouped or un-grouped quickly as needed, to run exercises in stand-alone or suite mode (executive and planner), groups or full “control centre” configuration, all depending on the training requirements.
Connection to network
All positions are connected to the same network, which provides great flexibility in the use of the simulator facilities and it enables us to run combined courses, e.g. from ACS to ADI.
270°/360° tower simulators
Two of our 270° tower simulators consist of 22 portrait-mode 65” UHD displays. These simulators have a total diameter of 8 meters, are 1,5 meters high and can provide up to five TWR controller positions. Three 270° tower simulators consist of 16 portrait-mode 65” UHD displays. These simulators can be operated with up to three controller positions and as many pilots as requested.
All simulators have a physical 270° setup, but can display a full 360° view. Each display is driven in 4K, making the scenery and airplanes look just as authentic and distinctive as if you were looking out of the window. Each controller position consists of one radar display, one AUX display, one touch display for communication and one touch display for lighting panel.
180° tower simulators
Each of our eighteen 180° tower simulators are equipped with a 3D display system consisting of four HD displays, up to 55”. Each of the towers includes up to two controller positions.
Each controller position consists of one radar display, one AUX display, one touch display for communication and one touch display for the lighting panel.
In its standard configuration, a radar/pilot position consists of one position with one 40” radar display, one AUX display and one touch-display for the communication.
Our COOPANS simulators are based on the Topsky product from the French based company Thales
Entry Point North has two different simulators. One (based in Shannon) is equipped for training only and the other (based both in Shannon and in Dublin) can be configured for either training or as contingency. All COOPANS simulators are equipped with 2Kx2K displays.
Our on-site solutions The benefit of a Mobile On-Site Simulator (MOS) is delivering the simulation aspect of training to the customer in order to perform the training on their own premises. Entry Point North offers the MOS in two different solutions:
The Mobile On-Site Simulator Box (MOS-box) offers the customer flexibility in the number and type of simulator positions to be temporarily installed on the customer’s premises. It can vary between one radar and planner position to a fully simulated control centre.
The Mobile On-Site Simulator Trailer (MOS-trailer) is a 13 m² fully equipped trailer that consists of a 180° tower simulator with two controller positions (including radar) and two pilot positions. It can easily operate almost everywhere as it only needs a parking spot, access to power and high speed internet. The MOS-trailer is ideal for small to moderate sized airports for regular ATM training, refresher and emergency training, etc.