This course is for qualified Competence Assessors who need to refresh their knowledge, so they can continue assessing colleagues/students in the operational environment. Furthermore, it increases understanding of competence assessment’s beneficial impact on safety and the development of the unit/individual.
Completing this course revalidates the participant’s assessor endorsement. If their assessor endorsement has expired, we can conduct an additional assessment of competence after the course-end. This renewal is done upon request and is not part of the course.
After completion of this course, the participants:
- Can apply appropriate assessment tools and techniques.
- Have a deeper understanding of the competence assessor role and responsibilities, including formal and informal requirements.
In this 2-day course, we adapt the methods to the background of the students. This results in a blend of classroom lessons, group work/discussions, exercises, and case studies.
Content in brief
The course covers topics such as, but not limited to:
- Course introduction in which we take account of the participants’ expectations and the participants exchange their assessment experiences.
- Discussion of the participants’ previous assessment experiences.
- Human factors: the necessary mindset for assessment, communication strategies, and the different levels of communication.
- Regulations: reinforcing knowledge of EU regulations regarding general and specific requirements to obtain and exercise privileges of the assessor endorsement.
- Role and responsibilities of the assessor.
- Formal/informal assessor requirements as well as ethical challenges.
- Competence and how it can be measured and assessed.
- The connection between competence assessment and safety.
- Relating regulatory requirements to the national/local requirements laid down in unit competence schemes.
- Using performance objectives for assessing competence.
- Practical training, in which participants apply communication strategies through exercises.
ATCO holder of the assessor endorsement or qualified ATS personnel who has completed an Assessor course.
Compliance with regulations
- Compliant with Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/340.
- Developed based on EUROCONTROL Guidelines for Competence Assessment edition 2.0, edition date 16.03.2005.
- Approved by the Swedish National Supervisory Authority.
Click me for a PDF v1
- 17 - 18 Feb 2022, Virtual Classroom
- 29 - 30 Mar 2022, Virtual Classroom
- 3 - 4 May 2022, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 20 - 21 Sep 2022, Virtual Classroom
- 18 - 19 Oct 2022, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 13 - 14 Dec 2022, Entry Point North, Malmö
Request information about