The course refreshes and strengthens the knowledge and skills of qualified On-the-Job Training Instructors (OJTI). This increases their performance, motivation, and confidence in a wide variety of training events and situations.
Completing the course revalidates the participant’s OJTI/STDI endorsement. If their endorsement has expired, we can conduct an additional assessment of competence after the course-end. This assessment is done upon request and is not part of the course.
This course is 2 days in duration. Learning activities integrate scaffolding teachings (building on your own experience) and reflection as a part of the training. Teamwork is central to the course.
Content in brief
The course covers topics such as, but not limited to:
- Appropriate training techniques during all training phases in the simulated and live environment.
- Tools that help to meet challenges that can arise during training.
- The concept of learning, how to increase motivation, and how to approach and train students from a different generation.
- The importance of the pedagogical learning environment, code of conduct, and confidentiality in the training.
- The importance of self-development, self-awareness, intrinsic motivation, and confidence in their own instructional competency.
- Stress resilience, and how to help oneself and the student cope with stress
- Factual written and verbal pedagogically-oriented communication.
- The impact of the training philosophy on structuring and delivering the training.
- Human factors concerning teaching and learning, self-development, teamwork, learning mindset, communication, etc.
- Teaching to different generations of students.
- Assessment methods and report writing.
Successful completion of an OJTI/STDI course.
Compliance with regulations
- Compliant with Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340.
- Approved by the Swedish National Supervisory Authority.
Click me for a PDF v1
- 29 - 30 Nov 2021, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 9 - 10 Nov 2021, Virtual Classroom
- 24 - 25 Feb 2022, Virtual ClassroomFully booked
- 31 Mar - 1 Apr 2022, Virtual Classroom
- 19 - 20 May 2022, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 1 - 2 Sep 2022, Virtual Classroom
- 11 - 12 Oct 2022, Virtual Classroom
Request information about