The course is designed for safety specialists, managers, and other personnel at Air Navigation Service Providers. The course provides participants with knowledge concerning the foundation, the mechanisms, and the manifestations of Safety II. It introduces participants to the concept and principles of systems thinking and creates awareness and understanding of the increasing complexity of operational work.
The Safety II course is a tailor-made 2-4 days course and can be designed according to customer needs. The course comprises lectures, group discussions and practical cases.
Content in brief
The course covers topics such as, but not limited to:
- The historical view and development within safety.
- The Safety-II concept and its principles.
- The origin and difference between Safety-I and Safety-II.
- The variance between Work-As-Imagined and Work-As-Done.
- The focus and emphasis of a safety synthesis.
- The impact of a Safety-II implementation into the operational environment.
- The basic elements of a systems view and the ten principles of systems thinking.
- Resilience Engineering and the four basic R.E capabilities.
There are no prerequisites for the course. However, in order to fully benefit from the course, we recommend having working experience within the Safety domain.
- Download info
Request information about