This course provides managers from various training organisations with skills relevant to leading, supervising and managing training staff, and helps them create an effective and professional training organisation.
After completing the course, the participants:
- Understand how they, as managers, can ensure that their organisation uses appropriate training techniques.
- Know the role of a structured and well-communicated training philosophy in a good learning environment.
- Understand training regulations and how to design training documentation to satisfy the requirements of all involved stakeholders.
- Understand the benefits of a follow-up and evaluation of delivered training.
- Understand how to assess performance according to the competency-based training concept.
- Know practical methods to perform assessment in an objective and “just culture” way.
- Understand the benefits of personal development in the field of leadership and coaching.
The standard duration of the course is five days, but the content (and with it the duration) can be customised. The training is divided into theoretical lessons, discussions, group work, and other practical exercises. The course is delivered by a team of experienced instructors, who are managers/leaders in their working areas.
Content in brief
This course is customisable, meaning that it can cover topics such as, but not limited to:
Classroom and Presentation techniques
How to ensure that appropriate training techniques are used in the participant’s organisation.
Structure of the training material.
Verbal and non-verbal presentation techniques.
Application of effective training tools during practical training.
Communication and Conflict Handling
Communication as a powerful tool in the daily leadership.
Techniques for feedback and feedforward.
How to conduct difficult dialogues and discussions, conflict handling.
The role of a structured and well-communicated training philosophy.
How to coach and lead the development of a training philosophy.
Training regulation and documentation
The institutional landscape and the strategic law enforcement on European and national level.
The role of the NSA in the approval process of training.
How to design training documentation.
Different operational roles of the training organisation.
How to manage a course.
High-quality training vs. cost-effectiveness.
How to assess performance according to the competency-based training concept.
Practical methods to perform assessment.
Lessons learned from the course and discussion on how to put this into practice in the participant’s own unit.
Additional topics that can be added upon the client’s request include, but are not limited to
Training Philosophy (1 day).
The role of a Course Supervisor (1 day).
Communication in practice (2 days).
Creation of test questions (1 day) – knowledge, skills, and ability (KSA) regarding measuring certain knowledge, 17 steps method for creating test items.
Peer-to-Peer (2 days) – the importance of peer-to-peer support, how to perform peer to peer (colleague to colleague) feedback sessions.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, professionals carrying out training programs in their competence area will benefit most from it.
Train The Training Manager
- Download info
Request information about
Train The Training Manager