Course aim The aim of the course is to look deeper into economic and policy developments affecting the global air transport industry and to examine financial forecasts, industry outlooks, profitability, regulations. This course is recommended for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), airline managers and airport managers.
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Analyse economic issues affecting air transportation
- Understand the impact of public policy and regulatory frameworks on air transportation and the value chain concept
Course overview The course duration is 5 days (40 hours) and it is available as a classroom or in-company course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course.
Content in brief
- Transportation regulation and public policy: regulatory frameworks
- ICAO, ACI and IATA relationships
- The value chain concept
- Air cargo economics
- Deregulation and Low Cost Carriers (LCC)
- Economic impact studies