AVIATION LAW FOR MANAGERS (NON-LAWYERS)
Course aim The aim of the course is to provide a general understanding of aviation law relevant to air navigation services (ANS), airlines, civil aviation authorities (CAA) and airports. This course was developed in partnership with EUROCONTROL Training Institute. The course is designed for senior executives and managers (non-lawyers) from Airlines, Airports, Air Navigation Services Providers (ANSP), Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA) and aviation-related organizations.
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Understand the legal and regulatory environments in which they work and how they affect their organisation
- Understand how air transportation is being transformed by market economies, liberalization of air routes, technological changes and commercialization of aviation activities
- Discuss the issues affecting airline operations, civil aviation and airport administrations and air navigation services with international legal experts
- The course duration is 5 days (40 hours) and it is available as a classroom or in-company course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course.
Content in brief
- International legal and regulatory framework
- Government regulation
- Bilateral and multilateral air services agreement
- Technical regulation of airports and airlines
- Cooperation agreements between airlines
- Liability in air transport