CIVIL AVIATION MANAGEMENT
Course aim The aim of the course is to provide the essentials of civil aviation management. This course is recommended for Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) management and operational staff and aviation regulators.
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Understand the scope of activities under the responsibility of civil aviation authorities (CAA)
- Apply the Civil Aviation management tools that will allow them to do the job effectively
Course overview The course duration is 5 days (35 hours) and it is available as a classroom or in-company course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course.
Content in brief
- The main CAA functions and responsibilities
- The regulatory framework including ICAO Annexes and Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs)
- How to manage ICAO audits and their outcomes (USOAP)
- The principles of civil aviation master planning, business planning and general management
- Aviation safety and security, the ICAO Safety Management System (SMS) and the ICAO State Safety Program
- Economic and financial issues for CAAs (Management of fees and charges, Commercialization, Private sector participation and privatization)