Cost Reduction Strategies for Air Navigation Service Providers
Course aim The course aim is to let participants profit from the best practices of international leaders in Air Navigation Service Provision to reduce costs and improve operating results without comprising safety performance. Find the right balance between meeting customer expectations, regulatory obligations, charging for services and improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. This course is recommended for executives and managers of Air Navigation Service Providers and airline managers responsible for user charges.
- Gain a better understanding of nature of ANSP economic costs
- Learn how to approach cost reductions strategically
- Learn tools and techniques in order to manage costs
- Discuss specific cost reduction strategies from corporate and airline perspectives
- Review benchmarking cost efficiency studies
- Learn about opportunities to offset the costs of providing services
- Learn how to avoid and/or mitigate cost risks
- Discuss human factors in reducing costs
Course overview This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course. The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
Content in brief
- Mandate and mission of an ANS Provider
- Specific cost reductions strategies from a corporate and airline perspective
- Managing capital project costs effectively
- Benchmarking and cost reductions
- Cost recovery, cost offsetting
- Managing costs risks
- Human Factors in cost management
- Case studies and exercises
- Videos, discussions and examples
- Written examination