ENGLISH PREPARATORY COURSE
FOR ENAIRE'S CONVOCATORIA 2017
Currently no English Preparatory course is scheduled.
Course aim The aim of the course is to refresh English language knowledge of the students in order to prepare them for the ENAIRE's English test, which is a requirement for admission to the ATC training.
Prerequisites English proficiency level B2 (a test of the student’s English level will be performed prior to the course unless the student presents a diploma/certificate of English proficiency level B2 or higher).
Course overview The preparation for the English grammar test is conducted as classroom training and focuses on acquainting the student with complex grammar structures and vocabulary corresponding to C1 level as well as the necessary techniques to be prepared to sit the C1 ENAIRE's English language test.
All the necessary training material is provided. There will be a maximum of 10 students per class.
Duration 20 hours (6 sessions plus 1 mock test)
Course dates and schedule Currently no English Preparatory course is scheduled.
The course schedule for a typical course is:
3 hours (17.00-20.00) three times a week (Monday + Tuesday + Thursday) during a period of total 2 weeks. A final 2-hour test simulating the actual ENAIRE's English language test will be offered.
Price and registrations The course price is 600 EUR.
Special Note: If a student succeeds in all the phases, signs a contract with ENAIRE and decides to enroll to Entry Point North’s ATC training programme, the cost of the English preparation course will be deducted from the ATC training programme cost. The ATC training programme will start just after the completion of the Convocatoria process.
Please state your English proficiency level (B2-C2) in the registration form (in the message field) and indicate if you have any English language certificate.
Please do not hesitate to contact Rosalía Moreno Ortuño, Entry Point North Spain Site Officer, at (+34) 603 179 777 for any further questions.
Content in brief The course covers following areas:
- Tense Review – practice, contrasting and conjugating tenses
- Inversion with negative adverbials
- Countable-Uncountable nouns
- Mixed conditionals in past, present and future
- Passive forms, all (including Causative – make someone do something / have something done)
- Phrasal verbs
- Wish/if only
- Adverb Clauses – subordinating conjunctions
- Adverb functions – degree, purpose, condition, manner, result
- Conditionals – mixed and inversion
- Conjunctions – coordinating and subordinating
- Comparison – degrees of comparison and ‘the’ for proportionate increase/decrease
- Dependent Prepositions – patterns, tendencies and noticing
- Future Tenses – aspect and modality
- Gerund / Infinitive – noun and verb clauses
- Relative Clauses – relative pronouns and reduced clauses
- Reported Speech – backshift and exceptions