Duration: 25 min
Duration: 25 min
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST FOR PILOTS
The test assesses the English proficiency level of pilots, who need to meet the English language ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements. The minimum required language proficiency is level 4.
The English Proficiency Test for Pilots evaluates the candidate’s:
- Speaking and listening skills.
- Aviation-related language proficiency.
- Ability to understand voice-only messages and to respond to them using the required ICAO phraseology.
The test takes approximately 25 minutes and can be delivered either at Entry Point North in Malmö or at client premises.
The test consists of five parts:
- Part 1: An informal interview on general and work-related topics
- Part 2: A discussion based on a picture with aviation contents
- Part 3: A listening comprehension task based on a flight incident
- Part 4: A radiotelephony interaction task
- Part 5: An interaction activity on non-routine situations
The candidate is assessed in the six different areas of the ICAO language proficiency requirements:
Additionally, the candidate’s competence in understanding and responding to RT messages is assessed.
The candidate is awarded a score of 3, 4, or 5 for each of the six skills. The final test score equals the lowest score that the candidate received. This means that the candidate must demonstrate proficiency at least at Level 4 in all the above skills, to meet the required ICAO Level 4 proficiency.
Compliance with regulations
- The test is approved by the National Transport Authority in Hungary and accepted in many European countries.
- The test is fully compliant with the Commission Regulation 1178/2011 Annex I Subpart A FCL 055 on Language Proficiency and ICAO DOC 9835 (Manual on the Implementation of ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements).