LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ISSUES FOR AIR NAVIGATION SERVICE PROVIDERS (ANSP)
Course aim The aim of the course is to help the participants' to understand state rights and obligations, charging policy, facilities financing, management and control. This course is designed for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP).
This course is recommended for:
- Senior managers and aspiring managers in organizations providing Air Navigation Services
- Project managers in the management of change programs
- Managers from Civil Aviation Authorities responsible for regulating or delivering Air Navigation Services
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Understand legal and financial issues in the delivery of Air Navigation Services
- Examine aviation economic regulatory issues
- Review Airport and Air Navigation Services pricing and charging principles based on ICAO Doc 9082
- Set pricing and charges for Air Navigation Services in a balanced manner to support a sustainable aviation indiustry
- Apply tools to finance the provision of Air Navigation Services: funding life cycle, capital raising, investment priciples, managing Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), managing investor relations, managing stockholder interests versus management interests.
Course overview The course duration is 5 days (40 hours) and it is available as a classroom or in-company course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course.
Content in brief
- Financial and legal issues affecting aviation and the air navigation system
- The legal rights and obligations of States with respect to the provision of air navigation services
- International regulatory and legal framework for Air Navigation Services
- Corporate governance and its importance in the provision of Air Navigation Services
- Charges for Air Navigation Services, rate setting and regulation
- Review of ICAO Doc 9082 concerning policies on charges for Airports and Air Navigation Services