On-the-Job Training Instructor Course
OJTI course aim The course addresses OJTI personnel working at Air Traffic Control centers, Towers or other training situations. The aim of the course is to update and reinforce the techniques and knowledge acquired on the On-the-Job Training Instructor (OJTI) course. This course also renews the validity of the OJTI rating and aims to inspire and motivate participants to continue to work as On-the-Job Training Instructors.
Course objectives After completing the OJTI course, the participants have:
- Knowledge about the theory of learning and essential aspects to enhance motivation
- Awareness of the different OJTI techniques pertaining to coaching, instructing, monitoring and observing and its impact
- Knowledge and skills necessary to perform briefing, training on the position and debriefing
- Knowledge about stress and fatigue and awareness of importance for developing resilience
- Awareness of modern and positive approach to training and how to establish cooperation agreement
- Understanding of the importance of effective communication and interaction with students and ATCO colleagues
- Knowledge about Unit Training Plan (UTP), Continuation training and report writing
- Knowledge of Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340 in regard to unit training and OJTI endorsements
Course overview Continuous assessment is applied. The course participants will show their ability to work according to the training structure in the practical exercises and show a positive and open minded attitude towards student training. The OJTI course duration is five days.
Prerequisites Qualification as an air traffic controller or other ATM personnel with at least two years of operational experience.
Compliance with regulations
- Compliant with the Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340.
- Based on Eurocontrol Guidelines for ATCO Development Training OJTI Course Syllabus, edition number 2.0, date 27.08.2009.
- Approved by the Swedish CAA.
Content in brief
Introduction Understanding the structure, content and principles of the successful OJTI training program.
Training philosophy Appreciating the impact of modern training philosophy on structuring and delivering the training.
Human factors Understanding the human factors concerning teaching and learning, team work, communication and stress that all have an impact upon training.
Training techniques Applying the appropriate On-the-Job Training techniques during co-operation agreements, briefing, training and debriefing.
Assessment methods and report writing Appreciating the importance of the assessment procedure and have knowledge of how training reports should be written.
References Entry Point North successfully conducted OJTI courses for Avinor (Norway), LFV (Sweden), Naviair (Denmark), VFK (Denmark), LGS (Latvia), HungaroControl (Hungary), IAA (Ireland), GCAA (Ghana), NANSC (Egypt), CAMIC (China), among others.
- PREMIUM TRAINING QUALITY. Modern training philosophy, tools and methods.
- MOBILITY. The course can be delivered almost anywhere according to the wish of the customer.
- COST EFFICIENCY. The course is only 5 working days in length.
- FLEXIBILITY. A tailor-made course according to customer needs can be offered.