SAFETY (SMS) AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT (QMS) PROCESSES IN CIVIL AVIATION
Course aim The aim of the course is to provide the necessary knowledge to build a management system that integrates safety, quality and risk processes for all aviation operations.
This course is recommended for:
- Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP)
- Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA)
- Airline managers and operational staff
- Airport managers
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants are be able to:
- Implement safety management system (SMS) based on an acceptable level of risk, guaranteeing consistent operational results
- Apply quality management system (QMS) processes
- Implement safety, quality and risk management, emergency response and continuous improvement programs
Course overview The course duration is five days (40 hours). The course is available as a classroom or in-company course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for this course.
Content in brief
- Building safety management systems (SMS) into aviation practices and procedures
- Linking SMS, quality and risk management into business planning
- Managing change, making structural changes to the aviation organization in order to improve processes