TRAIN THE TRAINING MANAGER
Course aim The aim of the course is to provide the participants with skills relevant to leading, supervising or managing training staff and creating an effective and professional training organisation. The participants are managers from various training organisations, which will provide them with a unique opportunity to exchange experiences and learn from each other.
Course objectives After completing the course, the participants have:
- An understanding of how they, as managers, can ensure that appropriate training techniques are used in their organisation.
- Knowledge of the role of a structured and well communicated training philosophy in a good learning environment.
- An understanding of training regulation and how to design training documentation in order to satisfy the requirements of all stakeholders involved in training.
- An understanding of the benefits of a follow up and evaluation of training delivered.
- An understanding of how to assess performance according to the competency based training concept.
- Knowledge of the practical methods to perform assessment in an objective and “just culture” way.
- An understanding of the benefits of personal development in the field of leadership and coaching.
Course overview The duration of the course is five days. The training is divided into theory lessons, discussions, group work and other practical exercises. The course is delivered by a team of experienced instructors - managers/leaders in their working areas.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites for the course, however, in order to fully benefit from the course, it is recommended that the participants are professionals carrying out training programs in their competence area.
Compliance with regulations
- Entry Point North is a training academy certified by the Swedish CAA and accepted by all EU member countries
- Train the Training Manager course methodology and tools are based upon long-term experience of air traffic management development training and best practices
Content in brief
Course introduction Information about the academy, course instructors and fellow course participants, aim and objectives of the Train the Training Managers course.
Classroom and Presentation techniques
- How to ensure that appropriate training techniques are used in your organisation
- Structure of the training material
- Verbal and non-verbal presentation techniques
- Application of effective training tools during practical training
Communication and Conflict Handling
- Communication as a powerful tool in the daily leadership
- Techniques for feedback and feedforward
- How to conduct difficult dialogues and discussions, conflict handling
- The role of a structured and well communicated training philosophy
- How to coach and lead the development of a training philosophy
Training regulation and documentation
- The institutional landscape and the strategic law enforcement on European and national level
- The role of the NSA in the approval process of training
- How to design training documentation
- Different operational roles of the training organisation
- How to manage a course
- High quality training vs. cost effectiveness
- How to assess performance according to the competency based training concept
- Practical methods to perform assessment
- Assessment techniques
Competency based training
Summary Lessons learned from the course and discussion on how to put lessons learned into practice on own unit.
Additional topics that can be added upon client's request
- Training Philosophy (1 day)
- The role as a Course Supervisor (1 day)
- Communication in practice (2 days)
- Creation of test questions (1 day) - knowledge, skills and ability (KSA) in regard to measure a certain knowledge, 17 steps method for creating test items
- Peer-to-Peer (2 days) - the importance of peer to peer support, how to perform peer to peer (colleague to colleague) feedback sessions
- Additional topics of the client's interest