This course is designed for students from non-European Air Navigation Service Providers who will become Air Traffic Controllers in a TWR environment. It is the first step in their Initial Training, and completion of this course enables them to progress onto Rating Training courses.
In this course, students receive a general introduction to Air Traffic Services (ATS) and develop theoretical knowledge and basic techniques in ATS procedures.
After completing this course, the students:
- Have knowledge and understanding in accordance with the topics and sub-topics detailed in ICAO Annex 1.
- Have knowledge of the Tower, Approach, and Area Control practical training environments.
- Have knowledge of the importance of teamwork and of human factors related issues that can affect personal and team performance.
The standard course is approximately 8 weeks in duration and consists of theoretical training. Several course’s theoretical components are similar to the requirements for pilot training, because of the close inter-relationship within the aviation environment.
We deliver the course through a blend of classroom training, group work, and discussions. Throughout the course, eLearning elements allow a flexible learning environment as students can participate in these lessons online. The students develop teamwork skills that help them perform in the simulator training in future rating courses.
Content in brief
The course covers topics such as, but not limited to:
- Principles of flight
- Aviation law
- Air Traffic Management
- Rules of the Air
- Human factors
- ATM equipment and systems
- Aircraft equipment and systems
- Airspace management
- Airspace users
- ATC Licensing
- International organisations
There are no prerequisites for taking part in this course.
Compliance with regulations
The course is compliant with ICAO standards and recommended practices.
- Download info
Request information about