This course provides qualified Air Traffic Controllers or other ATS personnel with the necessary competencies to work as OJTI/STDI. Additionally, the course can be taken to renew the validity of an expired OJTI/STDI endorsement.
In this 5-day course, we use a mix of methods that gives the participant a good grasp of the course material. Methods include classroom lessons, group work, facilitated discussions, demonstration, exercises, briefing/debriefing, skill acquisition, role-play, case studies, self-study, and e-learning. Throughout the course, a competence assessor applies continuous assessment following Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340.
Content in brief
The course covers topics such as, but not limited to:
- The impact of our training philosophy on the structure and delivery of training.
- Human factors relating to teaching and learning, behaviour, teamwork, communication, stress and fatigue management, etc.
- Challenges in the student’s performance, how to help students to overcome challenges in the training.
- Appropriate OJTI/STDI techniques during co-operation agreements/briefing, training on the position, and debriefing.
- OJTI/STDI techniques on coaching, instructing, monitoring, and observing and their impact.
- The role of the OJTI when training colleagues in the operational environment.
- Assessment methods and report writing, which covers competency-based training and assessment models, dedicated and continuous assessment, and the importance of quality of report writing.
- Unit Training Plan (UTP) and Continuation Training.
- Practical training: applying the acquired knowledge and understanding through scenario-based exercises including role-play. The training is conducted on RST (Radar Skill Trainer).
- The theory of learning and essential aspects to enhance motivation.
- Stress and fatigue and awareness of the importance of developing resilience.
- A modern and positive approach to training and how to establish co-operation agreement.
- The importance of effective communication/interaction with students and ATCO colleagues.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340 regarding unit training and OJTI/STDI endorsements.
Qualification as an Air Traffic Controller or other ATS personnel.
Compliance with regulations
- Compliant with Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/340
- Approved by the Swedish National Supervisory Authority.
- Qualification as an Air Traffic Controller or other ATS personnel.
- 13 - 17 Nov 2023, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 11 - 15 Mar 2024, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 8 - 12 Apr 2024, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 9 - 13 Sep 2024, Entry Point North, Malmö
- 16 - 20 Dec 2024, Entry Point North, Malmö
- Download info
Request information about